Overcome from your Sadness: 9 ways to Deal with Sadness

by - February 21, 2017


overcome sadness


Before I started let me clear this thing. Depression and sadness both are different.

Sadness is normal human emotion. We all face it and we all will again.

Depression is an abnormal emotional state, a mental illness, which affects our mind, our thinking.

Read it the difference between sadness and depression to know about it in details.

So now my question is you sad of your life? or sometimes feel sad without any reason? You want to overcome sadness but don’t know how you can do it?

If yes, then don’t worry I also have to face those such situations. And trust me there are no such difficult things to do to overcome sadness.

Today in this article I will give you the easiest and simple tips or ways to overcome sadness. These tips help you to deal with sadness and move on to happiness.

(I have used these things in my life, and believe me these really work.J)

Nine Simple ways to overcome Sadness:

1.     Listen to Music.


Music helps a lot in the work of overcoming of sadness. Listening to the right type of music helps us to overcome our sadness. It distracts our mind and we will feel refreshed.

But I recommend you only to listen to upbeat (rocking, bass boosted, dance) music. This is very essential to choose the right type of music to listen. If you listen to old or sad songs, it will affect your mind negatively. And you will feel sadder and unhappy.

2.     Distract your Mind.


If we continuously think about all those sad moments or things which makes us sad, then how can we overcome our sadness?

We have to distract our mind from other things. We could often make us busy in doing some other work.

We have to stay from the negativity and then you will see the results yourself.

3.     Talk to your Friends/family.


Whenever you will feel sad, or something bad happens to you which broke you down. Talk to your friends, your families (in which you have trust).

They will listen to your problems carefully, peacefully, and will give you a better advice than any other.
Share your thoughts, your problems with them. 

You will definitely feel better after talking to them.

4.     Watch funny videos or your favorite shows.


Let me tell you what I personally do whenever I feel sad.

I just open YouTube and start watching funny videos, prank videos or something else. It makes me feel good. It makes me forget all the sadness which I have in my life.

(By the way, my favorite TV cartoon show is Bugs Bunny J)

Watching funny videos or your favorite TV show gives you happiness. It will make you forget your sadness for some time.

5.     Remember the Happy Moments of your Life.


Whenever you will feel unhappy, sad, try to memorize all those happy moments of your life. Try to think to be positive. If you have a reason to be sad, then think of the reasons which made you happy.

In my case, I will memorize all the achievements which I have made in my life. All the achievements inspire me to never give up, inspires me to always work hard and never get down.

6.     Stop Overthinking.


Overthinking I keep talking about it every time, why?

Because this is the one thing which ruins our happiness, our life and can stop us to be successful in life.

Whenever you feel sad try to stop overthinking. Try to keep your mind clean and still. Do not think about the worries or problems. Only thinks about the positive things and allow positivity.

7.     Stay away from Negativity.


Negativity means the negative thoughts which come to our mind and affect our thinking, our happiness.

Whenever we feel sad, it is natural to stay in negativity. But if we really want to overcome sadness, we have to change the negativity to positivity.

8.     Accepts the Past.


Past is unchanged. It can’t be changed neither it can be live again.

If you are sad just because of your mistakes which you have made in our past, then believe me you are not alone who does this.

There are many people which feel sad because of their past.

(I was also one of them.)

So how one can forget his past and move on?

First of all, you have to accept your past.

You have to accept the reality. And the reality is that you can’t change your past. If anyone can change their past, then all are successful and rich in this world.


 

9.     Talk to Yourself.


When there is no one to hear you, talk to yourself.

Spend time in talking with yourself. Spend this time to improve yourself.

Talk to yourself but don’t start overthinking. As I said above, overthinking can ruin our happiness, our life, and many more things.

"Stars can't shine without darkness."

You May Also Like

0 Comments