How to Actually Do Productive Things in Your Day

by - January 12, 2020

How_to_do_productive_things


Frankly speaking till the last few weeks I thought I do very productive things in my day. But when I started doing journaling about my daily progress, I get to know that what I thought was all wrong. I realized I work way too hard on one day and on the other day, I took one day off. But I was not journaling it I didn’t see things in this way.

I mean back in those days I thought I am the most hard-working guy and a guy who is just like Garyvee. But now I am realizing I am not even close to him. (In case you don’t know him, then you should check him out on YouTube.) I mean I thought I work way too hard and I’m a very productive person. Actually, I am not gonna lie to you, I do have worked very hard on some days. But the problem was I was not consistent with my work.

And in the end, I wondered why I’m not seeing any differentiable results. Now I get to know that it’s all because of the consistency. I often say that consistency is the key to success, but I was not being consistent. And now when I have finally realized it, it’s actually really heartbreaking and minds awakening thing.

So, now enough of me talking about myself. Let’s now talk about how you can actually become consistent and can do more productive things in your day.

I am not talking about several tips or things which you should follow but I am just going to share one tip with you. This one thing/tip has changed my life completely and I’m pretty sure it will going to help you too.

So, what is it?

Journaling your Day to Day Progress.


That’s it. Nothing fancy, nothing BS, just this simple tip, to write down your day to day progress in your journal. Frankly speaking, in the past, I was not a big fan of journaling or writing down notes physically on paper and all. But when I started doing it, it has become an essential part of my life.

If you’re a regular reader of my blog then you would know I haven’t been posting for a while. And I am not saying that it’s all because of journaling, but it too has taken a part in it. I mean nowadays instead of switching on my laptop and then write down my thoughts in it. I just open up my journal dairy and write everything down there. Now it’s just a personal preference that I love to write on actual paper more than on keyboard, but I thought I should share it with you.

Now, let’s talk about some benefits of journaling your day to day progress.

Benefits of Journaling:


(I am not going to write out all the benefits which I have seen, whether I will just write 2 to 3 points. I just want to make this post on point and didn't want to waste your time.)

1. Mental Clarity


There’s not a single doubt that this is not true. I mean I have seen this in myself. Whenever I tend to feel frustration or have so many thoughts in my head running, what I do is, I just open up my journal diary and write everything down.

It doesn’t need to be fancy, it doesn’t need to be all aligned, it doesn’t need to be formal, it doesn’t need to be mistake-free.

All you have to do is just write what are you feeling at that moment and boom! You will going to feel a lot better and will be going to see a mental clarity in your thoughts and in your vision. You’ll be going to feel that those things which were making you feel sad or depressed now are gone and all you have now is peace.

You are now maybe thinking that I’m taking this too far and no way simply writing my down will be going to make me feel better. Well, believe me, I am not lying about it. If you don’t believe me, then try this out for the next 7 days straight and you’ll see the difference yourself.

2. Helps to Achieve Goals.


Okay, so far more one of the best things of journaling your every day is it helps you to achieve goals. I am not kidding bro. If you keep journaling your every day to day progress on your journal then you’ll be going to see how much work you are putting in and where you are lacking.

You will be going to see that you haven’t done the whole day which will make you feel sad and will motivate you to work more and more. In this way, it keeps you stay focused on your goals and eventually it helps you to achieve your goals.

Conclusion:


I want to summarize this whole post by a short sweet conclusion, so here it is. I just want you to journalize your day to day to progress in a diary or on a bullet journal. In this way, you’ll see how much of real work you are putting in and you will see where you need more improvements and all.

Eventually, if you keep doing this for the next few weeks, you’ll going to see results by yourself.

Don’t believe me?

Try this out on your own.

If you love this post, then do Share it with your friends or family who need to read this.
Thanks.

You May Also Like

0 Comments